Saturday, November 23, 2019


Communication and Mutual Problem Solving



"Your most important friendships should be with your own brothers and sisters and with your father and mother. Love your family. Be loyal to them. Have a genuine concern for your brothers and sisters. Help carry their load so you can say, like the lyrics of the song, 'He ain't heavy; he's my brother'."



-President Ezra Taft Benson




I love this quote by President Ezra Taft Benson. He is one hundred percent right. The most important friendships should be with your own family. And what is key in any relationship? Communication and mutual problem solving. Communication is so important in the family. Being able to talk to one another really helps the relationship become stronger. You will be able to tell your family if something is wrong or if you have a problem with how things are working in the family. With knowing what is wrong you will be able to solve the problem together as a family. 



We are sent here on earth to multiply and replenish the earth. The family is the main part of heavenly father’s plan. Like I’ve said before, my family and I get alone so well. We truly are each other’s best friends. We communicate so well with each other. I truly believe that is why we get alone so well. We discuss problems and work on them together.  My parents are great communicators. They tell each other what is bothering them. They talk things out and solve problems together. They have only been married for 19 years, but they defiantly have worked together as a team through life problems.



I think that one of the hardest thing that has happened to our family was our move to Utah. My mom suffers from anxiety. When we had to make this life changing decision as a family she shut down. She didn’t eat or want to talk to anyone. One night my dad just left and didn’t come back for hours. I was truly afraid that he would never come back. When he came back, he said that he needed to clear his mind so he was in the right mindset so he could just listen to my mom and understand why she was feeling this way. If we moved, she would have to move away from her family and the only town she has ever lived in. Having my dad tell her that he was ready to listen really helped my mom speak her mind and get everything off her chest. We were able to come together as a family and made the decision to move to Utah. I’m grateful for my dad’s example of how to just straight up tell my mom that he is ready to listen and that he has the spirit with him to understand how hard it was for my mom.   




 Communication seems to be the biggest problem in families. Husbands and wife’s not willing to listen to each other, kids not willing to listen to the parents. Things like this can cause so much miss understanding and anger toward each other. Communication is key to every relationship. It is so important to have a family function properly.



Don’t forget to take a step back and try to understand the other persons point of view and listen. Don’t be afraid to communicate your thoughts and feelings as a family. I cannot say it enough, but communication is key. 



Thanks for reading. I’ll see you in the next one, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment