Saturday, November 30, 2019


Fathers and Finances




When I was little, I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said I wanted to be a mom. The kids in my class said that I couldn’t make money as a mom. I told them “Oh I know my husband will make the money.” They asked me “Like you don’t want to be a firefighter and make money for yourself?” Back then it was obvious to me that my husband would make all the money and I would take care of the kids. Now that I’m older I see that both of parents have full time jobs to support our family. I realized that time has changed, and things are a lot more expensive now. I will most likely need a job when I get married. 



My family is very blessed with what we have. Me being the oldest and at college we have realized how much money it is going to take to put all four kids through college. Finances have always been a strain on our family. My parents don’t have parents that pay for everything if you know what I mean. We had to move to Utah because California was way to expensive for our family. We make it work with what we have. We have always payed our tithing and have seen the blessings that come with that. Also having jobs that don’t require us to work on Sundays have also blessed us. 



"We do live in turbulent times. Often the future is unknown; therefore, it behooves us to prepare for uncertainties. Statistics reveal that at some time, for a variety of reasons, you may find yourself in the role of financial provider. I urge you to pursue your education and learn marketable skills so that, should such a situation arise, you are prepared to provide."

-President Thomas S. Monson




I love this quote by Thomas S. Monson. This is exactly what my dad did. We have gone through many hard-financial problems including, my dad losing his job. But we have always been prepared and blessed for being prepared. 



My Father works so hard. Over the years he has suffered through jobs that have almost killed him so that we could live a happy and healthy life. My dad works in the construction business. He has had many bosses that weren’t the nicest humans on the planet. Including one that faired him because of his religion. He has put up with a lot to keep us in nice home and clean clothes. I’m so grateful for his hard work and his love for his family. He is such a good example to me. I want to find a husband that will work as hard has my dad. I strive to work as hard as he does. He has shown me how hard work pays off. I had to work and say for over a year in order to pay for the first two semesters here at BYU-Idaho.  



I’m grateful for his hard work and example. Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoined, and I will see you in the next one. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment